Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Might as well call this a basing-blog by now


Hello basically,


Here’s to quickly share my opinion on the bases Corvus Belli is providing with their newer kits. And to cover a new Base design I'm trying out.
I've no idea where CB gets its Bases from. The Answer may lay deep within their forum. With two older models (Fassed and Guhlam hacker) I received slotted bases that said "D&G 2011". They were pretty standard, but I want to talk about the current ones. Now those come very handy. The slot is there but not cut. They have some thicker spots, so you don't have to brace pins with additional plastic. AND they have something that I have to describe as a magnet slot... cool huh? Take a look:


No extra bracing needed

That's an Al Hawwa' hacker btw, I call him the Naruto guy

That slot is roughly 5mm in diameter and 2mm deep


In other news: I tried a new Infinity Nomad style base design, using plastic card, a guitar string and bolts I bought from Antenocitisworkshop.com. I tried it on the limited Miranda Ashcroft and the Bootleg edition Maghariba Guard Pilot both from CB.


That's Miranda



And that's the Pilot




She really knows her way around a guy's head 

No comments:

Post a Comment